SenGuide is an international project funded by the European Commission under the Erasmus+ programme.
In the predecessor project, GrandExpertS, older people were trained and supported to create digital learning materials and share them with others online. Based on their knowledge and experience from work and leisure, they acted as experts in one specific area. In SenGuide, the experiences from GrandExpertS will contribute to improve the learning experience. In our participatory approach, participants will still be given the opportunity to post and share their knowledge content online, but this project will also investigate other learning management systems (LMS) to find out which is the most user-friendly system for this age group. The results will then be made available to a wide audience across Europe.
Digital skills are increasingly important in today’s society and contribute to active ageing. This became particularly clear in the Corona pandemic, when people could only meet virtually and educational opportunities were completely transferred to the digital world. Only those who had the appropriate digital skills were able to actively participate, this trend is expected to continue in the future of our society.
On this website you will find information about the SenGuide project. If you would like to learn more, please feel free to contact us!
The SenGuide project aims to successfully develop high-quality online training for older adults: to enhance, expand and empower digital learning opportunities for them so that they can create and share digital learning content.
Online author training
- Revision and extension of = existing online modules from the predecessor project GrandExpertS with the addition of multimedia elements (tutorials, videos etc.)
- Development of an additional learning module on writing in general and more specifically writing in an online environment.
- Content of learning units: E-learning, creation of multimedia content (photo, video, audio).
Learning management system
- Research study: setting up two experimental groups testing different LMSs specifically adapted to the needs of older learners
- Dissemination of results at national and international level
Online learning modules
- Created by seniors for seniors
- Cover a wide range of topics related to the lives of seniors
- Available in several languages
The SenGuide project is being implemented in Germany, Spain, Bulgaria and Ireland.
Download Flyer (PDF):