Since the regulations for copyright are different in every country, we listed below the general things that you should and shouldn’t do when it comes to copyright!
What you are not allowed to do:
- Publish something without the creator’s permission. Simply saying the authors name doesn’t protect you from copyright infringement! So: watch out!
- Alter a picture or any other product without the author’s consent. Alterations have the same legal protection as the originals. (Exception: If you alter the product beyond recognition you are allowed to publish it).
- Sell the product without the owner’s permission.
- Perform a play unless it is authorized by the author.
What you are allowed to do:
- News and facts about current events are not protected.
- You are allowed to share ingredients, titles, slogans etc.
- Use a company’s sign, but don’t make people believe that you are speaking on behalf of the firm.
For further information and to be fully protected, check out your countries legislation on copyright!!!