- There is a wide range of Spring flowering bulbs available, far too many to mention.
- Bulbs for flowering in Spring are available for purchase in Autumn
- There are bulbs available earlier in the year, they are for Summer or Autumn Flowering
- Bulbs can look like shallots, small onions and like small grapes or berries. They are hard and firm to touch. If they are soft they are in poor condition so do not use these.
- Some have an outer light skin which can fall off. This does not damage the bulb or their growing potential
- Bulbs have a pointed top which helps identify the correct way up for planting.
- The base is flatter and the bulbs root from here.
Next go to Lesson 5 – What is needed?